Thursday 6 January 2011

The Coffee Mill

Right, I've gotten a few confusing remarks, so just to clear everything up - this blog is literally only judging mochas, plugs, atmosphere, and wireless. By atmosphere, I mean atmosphere after the headphones are put on. By mocha, I mean - can I drink it? It's not that I couldn't judge more, but that, realistically, that's all I really want to know. Does a café sell coffee? yes. Does it have wireless? yes. Does it have plugs near a window seat? yes. Are there screaming children? no. That would be my ideal answer.

Coffee Mill, in the West Port (past the Grassmarket) does pretty damn well. Sadly, they have BT internet - like most pubs - which often has issues. I spent ten minutes here trying to get on, again, because we had to ask the guy to restart his router and give us the correct password. Once that happened, everything was great. I wish I hadn't drunk the mocha - cheap, £2.30 - so fast, but that's alright. Awesomely, there is a nice window seat, in the Westport, where this place is. And there are not one, but two sets of outlets/plugs right next to it.

This place is, so far, my #1 pick for places to work seriously this semester. The staff is nice, it's not crowded, it's near 6 bookstores.

"I call this a win." - Jayne, Firefly.

[No picture today.]

No comments:

Post a Comment